Sunday, May 4, 2008

sunday afternoon sing-along


we finally have some sunshine around here! one of my very favorite things to do is to sit in the sunshine and feel the warmth of the sun on my skin...not a hot, sticky, phoenix in the summer type of sun, but just a beautiful spring day, flowers blooming, sweet breeze kind of warmth. i think it does a world of good - like a mary poppins "spoonful of sugar" - for my mood and well being. my dad has always teased me about being too cat-like for my own good. if there is a spot of sunshine somewhere, i will find it and lay in it. it just feels soooo good! for a few moments, i am going to sit out here and enjoy this moment...silenty humming this song. would anyone care to sing along?

7 comments:

kimberly said...

so happy there was some warmth today after all sweetie.....i sang this with you.....and it brought lots of memories to me....sitting in our little apartment overlooking the wilamette river....just aching to feel what you just described....on my shoulders.....enjoy!
xo

Jamie said...

I love it too! :) Sometimes I'll lay on the floor next to "T" and soak in the sunshine with him. :) That looks like a very nice spot to feel sunshine on the shoulders. I love the new look too ~ it's cheery! :)
Love yoU!

Debbie said...

Sounds like a perfect afternoon! Hope you enjoyed the sun on your shoulders and the song in your heart. Hope there are more sunny days to come :)

Brittni said...

I'm there!!! Ahhh Just what I need! Miss you sister, wish I could share this moment with you! Blue moon anyone????

jessamyn said...

looks like a perfect place to feel the rays.
i'll take one with lemon, britt!

Vonda said...

Lazing in the sun is a distant memory to me. I wonder why there never seems to be time for such things anymore? The day is gone before I know it. Anyway it's the perfect thing to do with friends and/or family...or a good book.

Mandy said...

Very peaceful :o)