Thursday, May 22, 2008

last night....


...we partied! i don't know how many of you were into this season of american idol, but we watched religously. last night, for the finale, we went to a party to celebrate the david vs. david battle. although i really liked both of the finalists, and since my girl carly was no longer in the competition, i chose to root for "the cook". everyone at the party had a shirt proclaiming their choice for the title. a great time was had by all - enjoying pizza, beer, salsa, good entertainment, and great company. even the two- year-old got into the action by wearing a shirt that said "i shake my pamper for american idol". hoooray for cook! rock on.

8 comments:

Jamie said...

I voted for "the cook" also! :) Both David's had mucho talent and I thought Archuleta was a cutie, but Cook had the whole "performance" thing down! :)
How fun to have a party!!!! I want one! :) Oh...I guess it's too late.

kimberly said...

that is hilarious.....how fun!!! i love it!!!! only thing....i would have had to wear a shirt saying, "uh, who's david?" cuz we didn't watch one episode.....oh except i watched the last five minutes last night!.....love the booty shakin pamper! :)
xo

Debbie said...

Sounds like such a fun time. I too was a fan of "the Cook". Plus, I loved his genuine reaction to winning! I am glad to see there are other people obsessed with the show too! :)

Anonymous said...

I vowed not to watch even one episode but I DID watch one episode and became a slave AGAIN! I was hooked on Michael Johns but he was eliminated early. Then I became torn between the 2 David's but it was obvious long ago that Cook had the presence of an American idol. So I was happy with the decision. I've already made a promise not to watch even one single Idol program in the coming year. Wonder how long I'll be able to hold out this time!!!
GG

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vonda said...

Me too!! I was an avid fan. Idol and Dancing with the stars kept my nights busy and nothing had better interfere!!

Brittni said...

Oh how fun to have a party! I love the shirts!!! I wish I could have been there. I watched every Tues and Wed! I was hoping that Cook would win but do love Archy. I would buy my favorite, Brook White's CD. Yesterday was a rainy day so I opened the windows, started cleaning and turned on the radio. To my surprise they played the new song that Cook sang and I danced around with Wyatt to it! I am a fan! Love you, glad you had a good time

jessamyn said...

I am a fan of cookie as well. He is certainly one amazingly talented person...all around...and he was always very original and true to his self.
Carly was my girl too!!!! I thought she got robbed.
American Idol is the one show that I love to watch and will bust out the tube for...Asher calls it the "singing" show and he always says he wants a ticket to go on the show. Journey just shakes her groove thing the entire time! Looks like we would have fit right in at your party!