i really like the idea of taking some time out of the hectic, planned, grumpy, busy, crazy, work filled day to remind myself to slow day and give some thanks. there is PLENTY to be thankful for. my mom has recently posted a few "thankful thursdays" and i really love the idea. so here is my first one, which will hopefully lead to many more (i have SO many reasons to be thankful!)
i am thankful for this cat and this dog. kyle has been away all week working in colorado. his employee is on a vacation and kyle wanted to keep the finances in a good spot. unfortunately, that has left me alone after an amazing visit with my family, where laughter, people, conversations and joy were around in abundance.
so, this cat........
has been snuggling under the covers with me every night -making sure that i am getting enough attention. he usually has to change positions every time i do just to make sure that he is using ALL of the nook in my elbow or leg or bend in the waist that he possibly can. either that, or he is so close to my face that i am not sure which one of us is purring! he has been waiting at the door for me when i get home and then follows me around until i find a place to rest. he has been my little guard cat.
and then there is this dog......
who misses kyle even more than i do! she is a faithful companion to me, but she misses him desperately. i try to play with her the way he does, but she just sort of rolls over and lays there, as if she were saying "you aren't doing it right." she too has started to follow me around to different areas of the house and then plops down to keep me company. shiloh (the cat) rules the roost around here so, daisy (the dog) is currently right outside of the office because shiloh is inside! she has such loving eyes and wants to go everywhere with me. she has even tried to jump in the FRONT seat of the car to go to yoga with me! she dutifully has ridden around with me at other times, but she misses the truck and the roaming that she gets to do with kyle. i miss kyle being around to let her out at 4:30 every morning to go potty!!!thanks to my little "family" here, i have not been too lonely (thanks trayci, cass, and leslie), but when night settles in and i don't have the company of my sweetie pie, these two beloved animals have loved me just right!
6 comments:
so glad they have been great company! i had to laugh about daisy.....i'm sure she is grateful, even if it isn't kyle! :) wonder why dogs let the cat rule the roost?
hope kyle is doing well.....i'm sure everyone will be happy when he is home...including him!
ly
I met Daisy at our family reunion and fell in love with her. From the picture I already love the cat even though I've never met her. She is a beauty. Now that the weather is cold here my cat, Pallet, is growing more hair but is never fluffy. I feel loved by her because she is not content until I come out each morning with my coffee and sit in my chair to make her feel loved as she lies in her chair. I nearly freeze my butt of out there but it makes her happy to have company. She is quite cooperative because I made her a bed in a contraption I built for her and by golly she really spends each night in it. It is on the carport so she has shelter from rain and cold wind and is up where dogs can't terrorize her. Of course she is in love with Tilly the dog and they are best friends but no other dog holds such a place in her life. Sometimes I could break Tilly's neck when I get up and find out she's been sick in her cage bed and I have to clean that mess up before I can do anything else. But that does not happen very often. Then the biggest pain with Pallet is she never gets full and meows constantly. She gets fed 3 times a day and still meows. Sometimes i think that is just her way of telling me to get my fanny out on the porch and sit with her. Because when I do go out she shuts up. Whatever, I love both of them and would miss them terribly if they were not here. GG
I love that so many in your family are doing the thankful thursdays. It helps remind the rest of us to be thankful in our own lives. I wish we got a chance to say hi while you were in town. Hope the rest of your time with the furry company goes quickly and life returns to normal!
It is nice to have a family of animals at home when you are feeling alone! I am happy that you finally posted! hee hee. Well I wish you could have stayed here with us for that week Kyle was gone. I miss you and sure had a great time with you while you were here. Love ya!
yeah! A new post! You did a great job describing your babes. I love those pics of them. I miss you sista!
Yes, it's so true. The house is still "alive" even when Matt is gone because I have animals who love me and want to sleep with me. :) What would we ever do without them?? I'm so glad you had them to keep you company....and your friends and future sister-in-law!! Haha!! :)
Post a Comment